Government e-Marketplace https://gem.gov.in, is a one-stop e-Marketplace to facilitate online procurement of commonly used goods & services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs etc.
GeM developed by DGS&D through technical support of National eGovernance Division, Ministry of Electronics & IT is being launched by Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State (I/C) for Commerce and Industry with Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics & IT as Chief Guest, on 9th August 2016.
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) will enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. It will also provide tools for direct purchase, e-Bidding and reverse e-Auction to facilitate Government users to get the best value for the money.
Government users are requested to register on the portal to procure goods and services; sellers/service providers are being encouraged to register their firms to offer their products and services to Government agencies at a competitive price.
The following services are available at present.
- One stop online shop for procurement of Goods and Services
- Transparent and timely procurement
- Registration of Government departments, Sellers and Service Providers
- Direct access to Government departments for selling products and services
- Listing of products & services available for procurement at one place
- Easy search, price comparison, selection and order placement
- Provision for e-Bidding, Reverse Auction and Demand aggregation
- Dynamic pricing by sellers/service providers
- Transaction log sheet and invoice generation
- Provision for e-Sign for authentication
- Audit trail and document management
- Timely electronic payment
- Notification through email and SMS
- Help desk support for users’ queries and grievances
- Portal access to guest users/citizens for viewing government procurement