A Car Ride Through Muthanga Forest, Wayanad gives you a pleasant and cool time, especially during the monsoon. Muthanga Wildlife sanctuary is contiguous to the protected area network of Nagarhole and Bandipur of Karnataka on the northeast and Mudumalai of Tamil Nadu on the southeast.
Elephants roam freely here and tigers are sighted occasionally. Various species of deer, monkeys, birds etc also live here. The Reserve is also home to a small population of tigers, a profusion of birds, butterflies and insects. The trees and plants in the sanctuary are typical of the south Indian moist deciduous forests and west coast semi evergreen forests. A drive along the road to Muthanga and further, offers chances to watch these roaming animals. Elephant rides are arranged by the Forest Department.
The best time is from 6:00 am to 8:00 am and 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Also note that, there is a night traffic ban existing from 9 pm to 6 am and make sure that you cross the borders before that.
What you get?
- A scenic drive through Muthanga wildlife forest
- Buying vegetables from Gundlupet (You can buy vegetables at cheaper rates directly from the farmers)
- Visit to Bandipur National Park
- A beautiful drive through Bandipur – Mudumalai National Park (Chances for spotting of animals are very high in this area)
- You can travel through three states (Kerala, Karnataka & Tamil Nadu) in 3-4 hours.